News & Public Notices
Utilities Kingston Urges Customers to be Aware of Door-to-Door Sales People
April 10, 2013 -
Utilities Kingston has received several calls from concerned customers who have been approached by door-to-door sales people. These individuals - who do not represent and are in no way associated with Utilities Kingston -are apparently making numerous false statements to convince customers to rent or buy their products.
These individuals may also falsely represent themselves as being affiliated with Utilities Kingston in an attempt to rent water heaters and gain access to customers' homes.
Utilities Kingston wishes to assure its customers that:
- It is committed to providing efficient and reliable water heater rentals.
- Its water heaters meet safety standards and regulations.
- It is not affiliated with door-to-door water heater rental companies and is not partnering with them to replace water heater rentals in the city.
Customers are reminded:
- Utilities Kingston has not authorized door-to-door water heater rental companies to remove its water heater rentals from customer premises.
- Utilities Kingston does not go door-to-door to rent water heaters, except for scheduled in-home visits.
- Don't share personal information (i.e., your gas or electricity bill) unless you are sure you want to sign a contract
- Carefully read the contract, disclosure statement and price comparison provided by the salesperson
- Always make sure you get a business card and look at the salesperson's ID badge first
Utilities Kingston is always willing to assist with questions related to its water heater rental program. Please contact a services advisor at 613-546-1181, extension 2285.
Media contact: For more information contact Cindie Ashton, Communications Officer for Utilities Kingston, 613-546-4291, extension 3116.