Williamsville - 333 University Ave
About the Project
On March 25, 2015, City Council approved the development of an 11 storey mixed use building, with residential units limited to the first 10 storeys and amenity area provided within the uppermost 11th storey at 333 University Avenue. The proposed building contains 204 residential units and 1045 square metres of ground floor commercial space. The proposed development was appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board, who dismissed the appeal in its decision issued on December 8, 2017. Since such decision, the proposed development has received final Site Plan Control approval to facilitate the construction of the multi-unit residential building (see key map).
The applicant will complete site preparation work throughout winter, including site excavation and building demolition. These phases are to be followed by the construction of the building.
What to expect in winter 2019
- Construction hoarding will be placed around the construction site.
- The access to the site will be maintained at the existing access points.
- Demolition will begin in early January.
- Construction is allowed on site Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. as per the City's Noise Bylaw.
- Demolition of existing structure – January 2019
- Excavation and phase 1 of construction – Spring 2019
- Formwork and phase 2 of construction – Spring 2019
- Phase 3 of construction – Summer 2019
- Occupancy – Spring 2021