Airport Land Use
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Airport highest and best land use study
The Kingston Airport is situated on 275 hectares of land. The City conducted a land-use study for 117 hectares of land surrounding the terminal and the runway. The subject lands are divided into six sections (or parcels).
The main objective of the HBU Study was to establish an action-oriented, phased development plan for the Airport Lands that will guide future land development at the Airport in a way that:
- Contributes to Kingston's economic prosperity and resiliency;
- Maximizes the use of existing infrastructure;
- Positively contributes to Kingston Airport function and service levels;
- Enhances the quality of life for residents and visitors; and
- Protects the environment.