Downtown Transfer Point Project
Improving the passenger experience
The Kingston Transit Downtown Transfer Point (DTP) at the corner of Brock and Bagot streets is in the core of the city -- making it a popular destination as well as a key connection between 12 transit routes. The DTP plays a key role in the overall transit network and should allow passengers to transfer between bus routes in a safe, accessible, convenient and comfortable manner.
The City completed a Schedule ‘B' Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Study in January 2016 to address issues with the existing Kingston Transit DTP and improve the passenger travel experience. The study recommended the DTP remain in the current location and that the site be upgraded with accessible benches, shelters, and waiting areas.
Details of the design are included below in the document library. Implementation timing of the study recommendations has not yet been determined however interim upgrades to improve accessibility will be completed in Summer 2017.
Further information of the project is provided on the FAQ page.
Additional documents will be added as the study progresses and work is completed.
- Notice of Study Commencement
- Pop-Up Workshop Consultation Summary
- Open House Display Boards
- Notice of Public Open House
- Environmental Assessment - Project File Report
- EA - Project File Report - Appendix A
- EA - Project File Report - Appendix B
- EA - Project File Report - Appendix C
- EA - Project File Report - Appendix D
- Notice of Study Completion