Kingston East - Latest Updates
Phase 1: Selection of east end community centre site
In September 2014, staff presented the community centre site options at a public meeting at the Gore Road Fire Hall. Public feedback was collected on location and the Highway 15 and Grenadier Drive site for the new community centre was approved by council in March of 2015.
Phase 2: Facility and program design
During the 2016 budget process, city council authorized staff to hire a designer and begin the process of developing proposed designs for the east-end community centre. The design for the new community centre is to be completed with public consultation in 2017.
- Fall 2016 – Collected program delivery and facility ideas and input from public.
- Spring 2017 – Select a design team, refine program schedule and amenities
- Summer 2017 – Public consultation on design concepts
Phase 3: Construction
- Summer/Fall 2018 – Construction begins
- Fall 2019/Winter 2020 – Construction complete