Image - City Hall - Projects - Kingston Moves large
HEADER - City Hall - Projects - About the Project General
About the Project
Untitled Basic Web Content
- The Kingston Moves Household Travel Survey is now closed. Thank you for taking the time to participate and help the City plan its transportation future.
Content - City Hall - Projects - Kingston Moves
The 2019 Kingston Household Travel Survey is a confidential and voluntary survey that tells us how, why and where residents travel.
The survey data will benefit all residents of the City of Kingston through informed transportation planning. Input received will help to:
- Prioritize and design streetscapes
- Influence budgeting decisions
- Plan future active routes
- Guide Kingston Transit operations
- Shape transportation policy
- Identify travel trends
Beginning in early September and continuing throughout the fall, survey invitations were randomly distributed to residents in Kingston. Participants completed the survey by phone or online.
The Kingston Moves survey is a City of Kingston initiative. The survey was conducted on the City's behalf by an independent research firm, R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd.
Tell us how you move!
If you received a letter from the City of Kingston, your household has been randomly selected to participate in Kingston Moves.
Whatever your daily travel habits are, your input is valuable and will be used to guide future transportation planning in Kingston. It's a huge opportunity to make a difference.
The goal of the survey is to understand where people are going and how they get there by collecting information on the trips made by each member of your household. The information you provide will be used to make informed decisions on future planning for roads, public transit, and other transportation facilities.
The survey will take a typical household about 10 to 25 minutes to complete. The length of the survey will vary by the size of your household and the extent of your travel activity.
How do I participate?
You can participate in one of two ways:
- Complete the online survey by signing with your secure access code, located in the top right-hand corner of the letter you received from Mayor Paterson.
- Call 1-855-688-1131 and a professional interviewer will be happy to conduct the survey with you over the telephone. They are available any time between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sundays.
For assistance with the survey, or any questions about the survey process, please contact the research firm, R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd.:
If you wish to validate the authenticity of this survey, you may contact the City of Kingston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heading - City Hall - Projects - Project News General
September - December 2019Survey open
December 2019 - March 2020Clean and Validate Survey Data
March - May 2020Develop Summary of Findings
June 2020Release Findings