Mayor's Innovation Challenge - Proposals
There are no specific restrictions or requirements for submissions - use your creativity and tell us what makes your proposed project the ideal solution. It is strongly recommended that you provide a thorough breakdown of how you will use the $10,000 toward implementing the project if you choose any of the categories in stream 2, the Public Sector Innovation Challenge. While we want you to think big, the project needs to be feasible. Please review the evaluation criteria before designing and submitting your proposal below.
- Round 1: attend a workshop on Tuesday Nov. 13 or Wednesday Nov. 14.
- Round 2: submit a proposal by Wednesday Jan. 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Round 3: shortlist invited to pitch competition, notification sent by Wednesday Jan. 30, 2019.
- Round 4: pitch competition Friday Feb. 8, 2019.
- Feasibility - 30 points
- Clarity of vision - 20 points
- Degree of impact - 20 points
- Risk assessment - 10 points
- Budgeting - 20 points
- No more than three members to a team.
- All team members must be registered in a university or college program (undergraduate or graduate, full- or part-time) or have recently graduated (within six months of the September 2018 launch of the challenge) in order to be eligible for participation. A student is defined as an individual enrolled in an accredited Canadian university or a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada enrolled at a non-Canadian university. Team members may be from any academic discipline.
- Fifty per cent of the team must be from an academic institution in Kingston.
- Teams must select one person who will be the primary contact between the City and the team. Any changes, updates or administrative matters will be communicated to the team's primary contact.
- Teams are encouraged to reach out to professors or professionals in the field to act as project advisors. This is by no means mandatory and will not have any impact on the assessment of your submission.
Stay in touch
Follow the latest Mayor's Innovation Challenge news on social media using #MIC19
For information or questions regarding the Mayor's Innovation Challenge, contact email@example.com