Image - City Hall - Projects - Napier Parkette large
Content - City Hall - Projects - Napier Parkette
The City is developing new parkland on the former Napier Street/St. Joseph and St. Mary school site at 671 Brock St. The new parkland will connect adjacent Churchill Park and incorporate Napier St. once it has been closed to vehicular traffic.
The proposed final concept reflects feedback from public consultation which took place in 2018, and includes amenities such as flexible play spaces, pathway connections, landscaping and play equipment offering play experiences not found in other nearby parks.
For any accessibility feedback related to the proposed improvements please contact email@example.com (in accordance with Ontario Regulation 191/11).
Construction of the park space is expected to start in 2020, exact timing is still to be determined.
- January 2019 - proposed final concept
- July 2018 - public engagement
- April 2018 - open house
- July 2017 - Council approved of the closure of Napier Street between Brock and Mack Streets.
December 2017 - Council approved of the sale of the private market housing block at the southwest corner of 671 Brock Street and accepted the same land be conveyed to the City as parkland contributions for the development at Princess Street and University Avenue.
- Market block: Council Report 17-044
November 2016 - Council approved the subdivision of the site into park, private market housing and affordable housing blocks
- School parcel division: 671 Brock Street project page
- June 2016 - City bought the former school site at St.Joseph and St.Mary catholic school.