Public Engagement Framework - Engagement
The Public Engagement Framework and Charter were approved by City council on Oct. 3, 2017.
- Final Public Engagement Framework
- Final Public Engagement Executive Summary
- Final Public Engagement Framework - Worksheets
The latest draft of the Public Engagement Framework will be presented to the administrative policies committee on Thursday, Sept. 14. With approval at the administrative policies committee the draft Public Engagement Framework will then go to council. A number of documents that support the framework will also be presented.
- Executive Summary
- Revised Draft - Public Engagement Framework
- Public Engagement Charter
- Revised Draft - Public Engagement Worksheets
- Comments/Responses - May, June and August 2017
- Implementation Plan
Prior Engagement Opportunities
Public consultation took place in May and early June 2017 on the Revised Draft Public Engagement Framework and Worksheets.
- Second Draft - Public Engagement Framework
- Second Draft - Public Engagement Worksheets
- Public Input Summary and Staff Comments/Responses - February & March 2017
- Quick Reference Sheet
- Focus Groups – Three focus groups were held to receive input.
- Online Survey – May 18 until June 9
- Focus Groups – February 28 to March 3, 2017 - Four focus groups were held to receive input. View focus group notes.
- Open House – March 8, 2017
- Online Survey - February 14 to March 10, 2017 - View survey responses. Names of individuals within comments have been blocked out. Additional comments received.
- Public Engagement Strategy presentation - May 2016
- Roundtable sessions - May 11 to 13, 2016
- Councillor Allen's District Meeting - May 18, 2016. View session notes
- Tenant advisory group session - June 8, 2016. View session notes
- Youth group session - June 14, 2016. View session notes
- Engagement Survey - May 2016. An online survey was developed from the roundtable sessions held in May 2016. View the Survey Report
- #EngageYGK Tweetchat - June 28. View TweetChat comments
Online Notes & Comments - Notes provided by participants to guide the development of the Public Engagement Framework. View images of sticky notes (below). View Engagement Page comments
- The City of Kingston's 2015-2018 Strategic Plan identifies transparency and citizen engagement as an initiative under its Open Government priority.
- Communications & engagement survey. See survey's summary report and recommendations.
May 2016 Roundtable Session Notes