Third Crossing - Consultation
Your input is key to the Third Crossing Action Plan and helps inform the work on the preliminary design and business plan for the proposed bridge. The project team makes it a priority to be accessible to residents and to provide information as it becomes available. Any correspondence is part of the public engagement on phases two and three of the Third Crossing Action Plan and will be reflected in the Report to Council in June of 2017. City staff continue to engage the community throughout these phases both online and in person.
Public engagement opportunities
- Webpage updates to provide information about the Third Crossing and to provide a place where up-to-date information can be found.
- Presentations from the project team to business and community organizations including the Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC), the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce, the Seniors Centre, and the Kingston Accommodation Partners (KAP), more groups will be added as they are confirmed. View the presentation
- Regular email updates to the Third Crossing community email group. To add your name to the email list contact email@example.com.
- Discussions with residents, near neighbours and community interest groups.
July & August 2016
Third Crossing survey: A survey to hear residents' priorities for the design and business planning phases of the project was conducted from July 25 to August 19. View survey results.
Open house #1
Date: September 29, 2016
Location: La Salle High School
- A brief history of Third Crossing
- Updates on preliminary design and business plan phases
- An overview of results from public survey and how those results were used
- Review frequently asked questions.
- View open house display boards.
- High resolution photos of each and west approaches.
October to December 2016
Open house #2
In an effort to engage more residents, the city will be holding two public open houses on the draft results coming from the business plan development and the preliminary design for the proposed Third Crossing. Information shared at these open houses will include:
- A brief history of the project.
- A recap of Open House #1 from September 2016.
- Results on the business plan development including information from the cost-benefit analysis, the economic impact analysis, and financial model and project delivery models.
- Review of the draft final preliminary design including environmental considerations.
- A summary of public feedback received to date and how it's being considered an and opportunity to share your thoughts on the latest information.
Report to Council
Staff will prepare a report with recommendations to council based on work carried out during phases II and III of the action plan.