Williamsville - 652 Princess St
About the Project
On July 10, 2018, City council approved the development of a 10-storey mixed use building with 325 residential units and 680 square metres of ground floor commercial space at 652 Princess St. (see key map). This development will include restoration of the heritage building known as the Carnovsky Bakery at the corner of Princess and Victoria streets.
The City is currently processing a site plan control application for this project (File Number: D11-014-2017). The applicant will complete site preparation work throughout the fall including site excavation and partial building demolition. These phases are to be followed by the construction of the building.
What to expect in November 2018
- Construction hoarding will be placed around the construction site.
- The access to the site will be maintained at the existing access points.
- Construction is allowed on site Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as per the City's Noise Bylaw
- There will be 2 tri-axle trucks at a time coming through the construction site.
- Initial site excavation to begin - November 2018
- Partial building demolition and soil removal - Fall 2018
- Construction - Winter 2019 to June 2020
- Occupancy - Fall 2020