Zoning Bylaw Update - Public Engagement
Zoning bylaw put on hold to complete Central Kingston Growth and Infill Strategy
The regulatory framework recommended by the Central Kingston Growth and Infill Strategy will form an important component of the new zoning bylaw. Therefore, further advancement of the new zoning bylaw is on hold until the Central Kingston Growth and Infill Strategy is complete. The recommendations of the strategy will be incorporated into the second draft of the new zoning bylaw, which is now anticipated to be released in 2019. Please check back in 2019 for further public engagement opportunities.
The following public engagement opportunities were conducted from October to December 2016.
Zoning 101: Wednesday, Oct. 12
It's time to zone in! Before the first draft of the city-wide Zoning Bylaw is released, we are holding two Zoning 101 – information sessions to offer you the zoning bylaw basics. Attend one of the sessions at 2:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
Zoning Bylaw open house: Thursday, Oct. 27
The first draft of the new City-wide Zoning Bylaw will be presented at this open house. There will be an informal opportunity to review key topics and preview the sections, along with a formal presentation explaining the background work that was done to complete the first draft, how to navigate the bylaw, where to find information and how to be engaged in the project.
Drop by and chat with planning staff about the draft City-wide Zoning Bylaw. Learn about the draft bylaw, ask zoning questions and offer your feedback.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 - 1211 John Counter Blvd.
- Saturday, Nov. 12 - Joyceville Station
- Friday, Nov. 18 - 1211 John Counter Blvd.
- Sunday, Nov. 20 - INVISTA Centre
- Thursday, Nov. 24 - City Hall
- Monday, Nov. 28 - Glenburnie Fire Hall
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 - City Hall
- Monday, Dec. 5 - City Hall
- Wednesday, Dec. 7 - Artillery Park Aquatic Centre
- Tuesday, Dec. 13 - 1211 John Counter Blvd.
- Saturday, Dec. 17 - Gore Rd. Fire Hall