Apply to be on the Teaching Roster
The City is seeking skilled teaching artists to for its new Teaching Artist Roster. This opportunity is open to artists working in all disciplines, who have experience teaching instruction to people of various ages and abilities— and welcome the opportunity to explore the arts with diverse groups. Artists may submit an application at any time.
The benefits of participating include free marketing, increased visibility and validation, as users can trust the artistic quality and professionalism of Roster Artists.
Applications are reviewed twice a year by a panel of arts education experts and facilitated by staff. The Roster will be updated annually.
The following criteria will be used to assess the strength of the application:
- Has teaching experience
- Produces individual work that shows mastery of technique
- Strong reference check
How To Apply
- Download and complete the five-part application.
- Resume (including three references - not letters of recommendation) and work samples
Cover letter including your personal interest statement, which might include:
- why you want to work with the City;
- possible ideas about courses, workshops, or demonstrations you might like to undertake within the City;
- your experience as a teacher and artist.
Please submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading Teaching Artist Roster. You may also submit hard copies of the materials in person or by mail.