Frequently Asked Questions
What downloadable data formats are provided?
- CSV (Comma-Separated Values): A tabular data format typically used in database or spreadsheet applications
- SHP (Shapefile): A spatial data format that can be used in many desktop GIS applications
- KML (Keyhold Markup Language): A spatial data format most often used with Google Maps and Google Earth
How are datasets selected for the data catalogue?
- data of the highest quality (complete and accurate) with good data management practices already in place;
- data frequently requested by citizens;
- data free of private information.
Will more public data be available in the future?
Yes. The City is looking for feedback from citizens to determine what should be added to the data catalogue. Your opinion matters, so please tell us what types of information you would like to see made available by emailing us.
I don't see the data I'm looking for. Can I request additional datasets?
Does the City have an Open Data policy?
Read how the Open Data Policy initiative functions in the City.
Dataset of the boundaries of all parks within the City of Kingston, Ontario, and surrounding areas. Includes park names; addresses; whether ownership is municipal, provincial, federal, private or Cataraqui Regional Conservation Authority; park amenities; and if the park is developed, undeveloped or partially developed.
Transit Schedules, Routes & Stops (static)
Kingston Transit General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) for static schedule, route, and stop information.
Transit Service Alerts (real-time)
Kingston Transit General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) for real-time service alerts.
Transit Trip Updates (real-time)
Kingston Transit General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) for real-time trip updates.
Transit Vehicle Positions (real-time)
Kingston Transit General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) for real-time vehicle positions.
All zoning boundaries for the City of Kingston. Consolidated Zoning By-Law boundaries as approved by original zoning by-laws and revised by zoning amendments:
- By-Law 8499 City of Kingston
- By-Law 32-74 Pittsburgh Township
- By-Law 76-26 Kingston Township
- By-Law 97-102 Cataraqui North
- By-Law 96-259 Downtown & Harbour