Frequently Asked Questions
What downloadable data formats are provided?
- CSV (Comma-Separated Values): A tabular data format typically used in database or spreadsheet applications
- SHP (Shapefile): A spatial data format that can be used in many desktop GIS applications
- KML (Keyhold Markup Language): A spatial data format most often used with Google Maps and Google Earth
How are datasets selected for the data catalogue?
- data of the highest quality (complete and accurate) with good data management practices already in place;
- data frequently requested by citizens;
- data free of private information.
Will more public data be available in the future?
Yes. The City is looking for feedback from citizens to determine what should be added to the data catalogue. Your opinion matters, so please tell us what types of information you would like to see made available by emailing us.
Does the City have an Open Data policy?
Read how the Open Data Policy initiative functions in the City.
Kingston Transit GTFS
Kingston Transit General Transit Feed Specification
Land Use Designation as shown on Schedule 3ABC of the Official Plan. From Official Plan Approved Jan 27, 2010.
Land Use Designations: Arterial Commercial, Agricultural Land, Airport, Business Park Industrial, Central Business District, Deferred Area, District Commercial, Environmental Protection Area (EPA), Estate Residential, General Industrial, Harbour Area, Institution, Main Street Commercial, Mineral Resource, Open Space, Regional Commercial, Residential, Rural, Rural Commercial, Rural Industrial, Secondary Plan, Waste Mgt Industrial
Dataset of the boundaries of all parks within the City of Kingston, Ontario, and surrounding areas. Includes park names; addresses; whether ownership is municipal, provincial, federal, private or Cataraqui Regional Conservation Authority; park amenities; and if the park is developed, undeveloped or partially developed.
All zoning boundaries for the City of Kingston. Consolidated Zoning By-Law boundaries as approved by original zoning by-laws and revised by zoning amendments:
- By-Law 8499 City of Kingston
- By-Law 32-74 Pittsburgh Township
- By-Law 76-26 Kingston Township
- By-Law 97-102 Cataraqui North
- By-Law 96-259 Downtown & Harbour