Content - EXP - Leons Centre
The Leon's Centre is a 6,700 seat sports and entertainment venue located in Kingston's downtown core. The arena is the home of the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and is managed by SMG Canada.
Since opening, Leon's Centre has hosted hundreds of sporting events, concerts, special events, and community activities. Sporting events include the 2014 Scotties Tournament of Hearts and the upcoming 2020 Brier, 2015 Canadian National Figure Skating Championships, World Juniors hockey and the OHL Subway series in addition to Kingston Frontenacs games. Concert events include Carrie Underwood, Alan Jackson, Leonard Cohen, Larry the Cable Guy, Heart, Neil Young, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, Alice Cooper, Bob Dylan, Jerry Seinfeld, Bryan Adams, ZZ Top, Reba, Jeff Dunham, and Kingston's own The Tragically Hip. Entertainment events such as Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, Broadway theatre, the latest children's productions and private events and galas round out the venue's calendar.
Leon's Centre hosts recreational hockey league play and is available for private event rental. Operating for just the past ten years, Leon's Centre has won acclaim having been recognized at the Canadian Music & Broadcast Industry awards as "Major Venue of the Year Under 8,000 seats" in eight of the past ten years.
- Dressing Rooms (6 dressing rooms, first aid room, and a green room)
- 200 feet long by 85 feet wide ice rink. The rink is standard North American regulation sized for NHL, OHL, and IIHF games
- 33 suites
- Large 100 and 300 level concourses
- Full in house kitchen for catered events
- 6 concession stands, 4 premium bar locations, and 2 full portable bars
- 2 loading docks
- Box office located at gate 4
- 17 public washrooms (6 men, 8 women, and 3 family washrooms)
- Event Planning
- Media Planning
- Media Buying
- Promotional Planning & Execution
- Public Relation Campaign Creation
- Group Sales