Terms & Conditions
The Corporation of the City of Kingston, throughout its business and administrative operations, is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
The collection, use, retention, disclosure and destruction of personal information, online or offline, by municipalities is governed in part by MFIPPA, but in addition, the City of Kingston is monitoring the evolution of federal and provincial legislation specific to online privacy, and is committed to conformance with any regulations applicable to municipal governments.
When you use this tool to upload content (i.e. any visual, audio or text material) you understand and agree that:
- The content has been created or is wholly owned by you and you are solely responsible for its use.
- If you upload any picture or other content that features people who are not you, The City expects that you have secured the agreement of these people to upload this content here.
- This content is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, an invasion of privacy, objectionable or an infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation or "spam".
- By uploading the content, you are granting the City of Kingston the non-exclusive right to use it in any way that the City sees fit.
- The City takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
- The City will remove any content that appears to violate this agreement or The City's other Privacy and Site Policies and that breaking this agreement may result in termination of your "My Dashboard" account and/or your access to City of Kingston online services.
Notice of Collection
Personal information, as defined by the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), including (but not limited to) your name, email address, address, personal statement, and photographic image, has been collected and will be used in accordance with MFIPPA and all other relevant privacy legislation. The personal information collected will be used by the staff of The Corporation of the City of Kingston to contact you if they have any questions about the submission. It will also be used in the discharge of the release of the photograph submitted. The personal information submitted will not be shared with outside parties without your expressed consent. For questions regarding the collection, use, disclosures, and disposal of the personal information submitted, please contact customer service.