Animals & Pets
Many Kingstonians enjoy the love and companionship of pets. The City appreciates that domestic animals, such as dogs, cats and rabbits, are beloved members of the family in many households.
The City's pet and animal regulations are intended to secure the safety and well-being of adored pets – and to safeguard members of the community, including domestic pets, from unexpected run-ins with wildlife and uncontrolled animals.
Pets and other animals deserve our respect, kind consideration and responsible stewardship. Please explore the following links to better understand:
- How to be a responsible pet owner
- How to license your pet
- Animal & Pet Control rules and frequently asked questions
- How to use off-leash dog parks
- How to properly keep backyard hens
- How to respond to wildlife
- How animal control in rural Kingston is affected by Kingston's Firearms Bylaw.
In Kingston, animal control is regulated by the City.