Content - Res - Garbage - Household - Batteries
Where to drop your batteries
- The Household Hazardous Waste Depot accepts both single-use and rechargeable batteries from April through November on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Residents may also drop off used single-use and rechargeable batteries at these locations for recycling:
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre, 196 Lappan's Lane.
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
- City Hall, 216 Ontario St.
Fall collection of single-use batteries
The City collects single-use batteries once a year in the fall around Remembrance Day. The 2019 battery collection is scheduled for November 4-9.
How to put out batteries so they are picked up on your collection week
Place your single-use batteries in a zipper-style plastic bag (see through) beside your recycling box.
9V batteries should be taped to prevent accidental discharge. Batteries exceeding a standard D-Cell battery in size are not acceptable in the program.
Please do not place the battery bags inside your blue or grey box.
Special battery disposal bags are available at select locations, including:
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre
Content - Waste - General Missed Collection
Missed collection or other collection issues
Was your waste missed? First look for a notice tag or sticker. Still not sure why it was left behind? Call 613-546-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.