K-Town Countdown brings in 2019 with live music and fireworks
December 10, 2018 -
Join the City in bringing in the New Year at the K-Town Countdown! Take part in hands-on and active fun for all ages inside and outside the Leon's Centre. Festivities conclude at 9 p.m. with a spectacular fireworks display in Confederation Basin.
The K-Town Countdown starts at 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 31 at the Leon's Centre, 1 The Tragically Hip Way.
Inside the Leon's Centre
Scheduled live entertainment
- 6 p.m. – Mad Science educates with their highly interactive and exciting science experiments
- 7 p.m. – The BarryO Kid Show brightens the evening with magic and ventriloquism
- 8 p.m. – Solomon Woodland entertains with his acoustic blues and country tunes
Ongoing interactive activities
- New Year's Eve skate party in the Leon's Centre arena, every hour on the hour starting at 5 p.m. Tickets for the next skating time will be given to those in line on the half-hour with the exception of the first skate at 5 p.m.
- Crafts and games
- New Year's Eve photo booth
- Movie characters
- Face painting (by donation)
- Food available for purchase from the Leon's Centre concession stands
Outside and around Downtown Kingston
Dress for the weather and plan to enjoy:
- Until 11 p.m. – Weather permitting, skating in Springer Market Square. Skate rentals are available until 10 p.m.
- 9 p.m. – Spectacular fireworks finale to celebrate the New Year. The best viewing location is Confederation Basin.
All Kingston Transit buses will operate on their regular weekday schedule.* Children 14 and under ride for free. Plan your bus trip with Kingston Transit at www.KingstonTransit.ca/TripPlanner or with your preferred transit app.
If you have accessibility needs and require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Event updates – including notifications about fireworks – will be posted on the City's website at www.CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents, Facebook and Twitter pages.
*Note: a change from the original release has been made.