City Calendar & Events
- Start Date:
- End Date:
- 1:00 PM 9:30 PM (Time Zone Sensitive)
- Lake Ontario Park
Start your summer season at Lake Ontario Park during the City’s annual Victoria Day Celebrations. Enjoy great live entertainment, local food trucks, exciting inflatable activities, face painting and balloon twisting, topped off by a jaw dropping fireworks display. The perfect kick off to a summer of family fun!
Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen and a water bottle to fill up at the Utilities Kingston Water Buggy. New this year, there will be an ATM on site!
Parking will be available at the St. Lawrence College parking lots (100 Portsmouth Ave). There is no parking on site at Lake Ontario Park. A shuttle bus will be provided from the college transit station to Lake Ontario Park (View the shuttle bus map). Accessible parking is available at Lake Ontario Park.
Celebrate Victoria Day with more service, more often with Kingston Transit! New for 2017, all Kingston Transit Express Routes (501/502, 601/602, 701/702) as well as the Route 1, 7, and 15 will operate on Saturday service schedules. Stay and enjoy the fireworks with family and friends. Kingston Transit will be there to get you home.
In the Park:
1 – 8 p.m.
- Live performances throughout the day by The Fire Guy – A theatrical fire eating, fire juggling, and fire breathing experience!
- Thousand Islands Playhouse presents Daisy Amazed Me 3:00 p.m. at the Pavillion.
- Face painting & balloon twisting
- Baby Playzone (until 6 p.m.)
- Military zipline and obstacle course presented by CFB Kingston
- Inflatable activities
- Dog Lover Days Canine lure course: Bring your dog (on a leash) and give it a try for $5 per dog
- Local food trucks
Lake Ontario Park waterfront:
- 6 p.m. - Taylor Angus – A beautiful blend of jazz, folk and soul
- 7 p.m. - Jordy Jackson Band – Country rock
- 8 p.m. - Absolute Journey Tribute – A tribute performance to Journey
- 9:30 p.m. - Spectacular fireworks show
For more information please contact 613-546-4291, ext. 1715.