City Calendar & Events
- Start Date:
- End Date:
- 5:00 PM 9:00 PM
- Rogers K-Rock Centre 1 Tragically Hip Way
Event updates will be posted on the City's twitter account.
Join the City’s New Year’s Eve celebration inside and outside of the Rogers K-Rock Centre. Skate to the DJ’s “coolest” rhythms or try a variety of all-ages’ activities in the concourse. At 9 p.m., head out to see the spectacular fireworks display in Confederation Basin. Be sure to dress warm!
- 6:00 p.m. – Ventriloquist Tim Holland: Tim drops jaws and tickles funny bones with his cast of hilarious characters.
- 7:00 p.m. – The Greg Tarlin Juggling Show: An energetic, light-hearted comedy variety show suitable for all ages.
- 8:00 p.m. – Rynestone the Magician: Mind blowing magic and mental stunts.
- 9:00 p.m. – Spectacular Fireworks Finale: Best viewing location is Confederation Basin.
Inside the K-Rock Centre
- New Year’s Eve DJ Skate Party (see here for skating rules)
- Meet your favourite movie characters in real life!
- Face painting (by donation), NYE photo booth & more!
Outside the K-Rock Centre
- 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. - White’s Wagon rides (cancelled due to weather conditions)
- Skating in Springer Market Square (weather permitting)
Food will be available for purchase from the Rogers K-Rock Centre concession stands.
Additional accessible parking spaces will be made available in the Frontenac Parking Lot as well as along King Street outside the Frontenac Lot and on Barrack Street between King St and Wellington St.
Use Kingston Transit to travel to K-Town Countdown on New Year’s Eve. All buses will operate on their regular Sunday schedule which, as of September, includes extended service hours on all Express Routes and Routes 1, 7 & 15. As always, children 14 and under ride for FREE! You can plan your bus trip with Google Transit (www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner) and can view real-time arrival information for all Kingston Transit routes using Google Maps or other free transit apps found in the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
If you require accommodations for accessibility please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2017.