City Calendar & Events
Summer's End Doggie Dip
- Start Date:
- End Date:
- 5:00 PM 6:45 PM
- Tomlinson Aqua Park, 303 York St. Parking available onsite.
Unleash your dogs for play date at Tomlinson Aqua Park! Enjoy pool play with your pal and leave with a happy, tired pooch.
Swims are broken down into 2 weight classes; please ensure you register for the correct session based on your dog’s weight.
- Session 1: 30 lbs. & under, 5 – 5:45 p.m., sign-in begins at 4:30 p.m. (maximum 30 dogs) at the Pool Patio Gate. Pre-registration required - see below.
- Session 2: 31 lbs. & over, 6 – 6:45 p.m., sign-in begins at 5:30 p.m. (maximum 20 dogs) at the Pool Patio Gate. Pre-registration required - see below.
Note: Lifeguards will be onsite for the safety and supervision of people in the pool enclosure. Dog owners must take full responsibility for the safety and supervision of their dogs in and out of the water.
Note: From Monday, Sept. 10 to Tuesday, Sept 19, the dog park at the Memorial Centre (303 York St.) will be closed due to the Kingston Fall Fair.
Entry Fee & Registration
- Pre-registration is required. Spaces are limited so please register at your earliest convenience.
- Register online for $8 per dog, maximum 2 dogs per person at CityofKingston.ca/eCity.
- The event is found in the ‘Aquatics / Adult Senior’ course category/subcategory. Enter ‘Barcode’ #127955 for 30 lb & under entries or #127956 for 31 lbs & over entries.
- Register in person at Artillery Park Aquatic Center or INVISTA Centre.
- Call for registration assistance: 613-546-4291 X1700/1800
- Maximum 2 dogs per person
- Maximum 2 persons accompanying each dog
- All dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older
- Children Under 13 years of age and are not permitted on the pool deck during this event
- A waiver must be signed by all persons prior to entry
- Proof of up-to-date shots (Rabies & Bordatella) must be provided for each dog prior to entry
- All dogs must be licensed prior to entry. Licencing will be available onsite.
- People are permitted to wade into the water to their knees only (no swimming with the dogs)
- Owners must have leashes for dogs on site
- Only people and dog friendly dogs permitted
- The City of Kingston reserves the right to ask an owner to leash and/or remove their dog if we feel they are unsafe
- All owners are responsible for cleaning up after their own dogs
- Dog toys are not permitted in the pool enclosure
- Participants/dogs will not be permitted to re-enter the event if they leave the pool enclosure prior to the end of the event
- Dogs are not permitted inside the facility change rooms. Entry is through the patio gate entrance. Participants will exit through the north emergency exit.
- Owners are responsible for retrieving their dogs in the event of an emergency
- Don't have a license for your pet? Licence online at Kingston.DocuPet.com
Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen, doggie waste bags and a water bottle.