City Calendar & Events
Fall Prevention for Older Adults
- Start Date:
- End Date:
- 2:00 PM 3:30 PM
- Isabel Turner Branch Kingston Frontenac Public Library 935 Gardiners Rd.
Falling is one of the major causes of injury among older adults. But many falls can be predicted and prevented. Often a few lifestyle and environmental changes can significantly reduce one’s risk of a serious fall.
Join us at Kingston Frontenac Public Library and KFL&A Public Health in November as volunteers from the KFL&A Public Health Falls Prevention Ambassador Program share their insights. You will learn how falls happen and ways to avoid falling. The one-hour presentation will be followed by a 30-minute Tai Chi demonstration. Light refreshments will be served, and each person will receive a tote bag of fall prevention resources.
Fall Prevention for Older Adults will be offered four times (each time from 2 to 3:30 p.m.):
- Friday, Nov. 2, at Sydenham branch (4412 Wheatley St. in Sydenham)
- Thursday, Nov.15, at Isabel Turner branch (935 Gardiners Rd., beside the Cataraqui Mall)
- Tuesday, Nov. 27, at Calvin Park branch (88 Wright Crescent)
- Thursday, Nov. 29, in the auditorium of KFL&A Public Health (221 Portsmouth Ave.)
This free presentation is open to all older adults, their family members and caregivers, but seating is limited. To avoid disappointment, please register in advance with KFL&A Public Health, by phone at (613) 549-1232 ext. 1571, or by emailing FallPreventionRegistration@kflaph.ca .
For more information, visit www.kfpl.ca .