Subsidized Childcare

Nested Applications


Content - Res - CFS - Childcare - Subsidies

Parents/guardians are responsible for registering on the Centralized Childcare Registry Information Services website in order to secure a daycare space for their child.

To be eligible for subsidized childcare you must present the following documentation for income testing.

Please ensure you have the following for your income-testing appointment:

Proof of Earnings

Please bring each of the following for you and your spouse:

  • Previous year's Notice of Assessment or Reassessment (NOA)
  • Most recent annual Canada Child Tax Benefit notice (CCTB) — if you have children under age 6 (generally received by mail in June/July).
  • An Income Tax Return must be filed each year to qualify for childcare subsidy. A Notice of Assessment (NOA) is sent to you from Revenue Canada once your Income Tax Return has been processed
  • If you are receiving assistance through the Ontario Works (OW) program or the Ontario Disability Support Plan (ODSP) a copy of your most recent statement is required.

Proof of Address

To verify your address please bring one of the following:

  • Rent Receipt
  • Lease
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Property Tax Statement

If you are unable to provide one of the above, please bring two current statements from:

  • Hydro
  • Gas
  • Water
  • Telephone
  • Internet

Proof of Employment or Education

To be eligible for childcare subsidy both parents must be engaged in an approved activity such as employment, schooling or retraining. Each of you must provide the following documentation that applies to you:

Employment: A letter from employer and/or two current pay statements that confirm your days and hours of work.

Education: Registration and timetable with program start and end dates.

Self Employed Applicants: Business Licence or Vendor Permit (in addition to the documents listed above)

If you are in receipt of Ontario Works or ODSP you must bring to your appointment your current benefit statement and Participation Agreement.

This list is not all inclusive. You may be asked to provide additional information pertaining to your individual situation.

Childcare Referral Form

Child Referral - Parents at home may apply for a childcare subsidy if a referral form is submitted to the City by a Health, Medical or Community agency identifying the need of additional services for the child to support healthy development in the areas of physical health, social competence, emotional maturity, language & cognitive development and communication skills.

Parent Referral - Parents at home may apply for a childcare subsidy if a referral form is submitted to the City by a Health or Medical Professional identifying the need of additional services to support parents that are involved in medical treatments, interventions or surgeries.

Links - Childcare Subsidies