Content - Res - CFS - Spark
The Subsidy Program for Affordable Recreation in Kingston (SPARK) reduces the cost of City–run recreation and leisure programs for Kingston residents of all ages. Funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until the annual budget has been spent. Participants can register for programs, memberships or one-time passes and the cost of the program will be electronically deducted from the participant's approved amount. SPARK contributes a maximum of $300 for each eligible family member in a household on a rolling calendar year.
How do I access SPARK?
1. SPARK is one of the programs offered through the Municipal Fee Assistance Program (MFAP). After reviewing the MFAP instructions and filling out the application, bring your completed application and required identification (as outlined on the application) to a Housing and Social Services intake location:
- 362 Montreal St., Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. OR
- Rideau Heights Community Centre, 85 MacCauley St., Monday-Friday, 1-4 p.m.
After your eligibility is confirmed, a ‘My Kingston Card' (for each eligible family member) will be provided.
Note: there is a 1 business day waiting period before you can register for recreation programs.
2. Visit one of the Recreation Centres below to set up your recreation account and register for programs and/or fitness memberships. You must bring your ‘My Kingston Card' to sign up.
- Rideau Heights Community Centre (85 MacCauley St.),
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre (382 Bagot St.)
- INVISTA Centre (1350 Gardiners Rd.).
Need help registering for programs or have questions about the SPARK program? Contact our SPARK coordinator by calling 613-546-4291 ext.1900 or 2000. SPARK appointments are held at Rideau Heights Community Centre.
What programs can I use my SPARK funding for?
Those eligible for SPARK can register for City-run recreation and leisure programs, memberships or one-time passes and the cost will be electronically deducted from their approved amount. SPARK funding can be used for:
- Summer camps and March Break camps
- Swimming, skating and skateboard lessons
- Drop-in skating, swimming and sports programs
- Fitness, dance, yoga, sport and interest courses
- Babysitting courses, first aid courses and lifeguard certification courses
- Personal training and fitness memberships