Fire Station Visit Guidelines
Please review the guidelines before applying to book a KFR Fire Station visit.
Fire Station Visit
Guidelines & Application
- An application must be submitted 30 days minimum before the event using the online application form below.
- KFR will only be able to host a visit if the operational procedures and requirements of the day allow.
- KFR crews are on duty and may have to leave to respond to an emergency during your event and may not return.
- Kindergarten Classes must have received an in-class fire safety presentation prior to their visit to the fire station.
Scheduled station visits for educational purposes are available at the following stations:
- Station #4: 271 Brock St.
- Station #7: 905 Woodbine Rd.
Special consideration, for geographical reasons, may be given to the following stations:
- Station #10: 127 Days Rd.
- Station #3: 211 Gore Rd.
Scheduled station visits may be scheduled for one hour during the following times:
- Tuesday - Friday morning: 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday evenings: 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Afternoons & Saturdays : Visits may be available upon request.
Scheduled station visits are available for the following groups:
- Elementary and secondary school classes
- Pre-school centres (ages 3-4)
- Home-schooled children
- Scouts & Brownies
- Community groups
Scheduled station visits are not available for the following:
- Birthday Parties
- Personal/individual/family tours
Please be aware of the following guidelines for station visits:
- All fire vehicles and stations remain on an "on-call" status.
- If an emergency is reported during the visit, it may be ended early to respond.
- When arriving at the station please use side door to notify station of your arrival.
- Please do not arrive any more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled event.
- If the crew is not at the station when you arrive, please call our KFR communications centre at 613-548-4001 ext. 0 for assistance.
- Should a cancellation or an emergency occur during your scheduled time with us we will do our best to reschedule if necessary.
- Transportation must remain available as tours may be interrupted or cancelled on short notice.
- Visits are usually an average of 45-60 minutes.
- Maximum number of participants is 25-30 adults/children
- KFR requires a ratio of 1 adult supervisor to 5 children.
- Appropriate adult/child ratio shall be maintained throughout the visit to ensure adequate control and supervision.
- Visitors will not be permitted to handle equipment or mount any fire apparatus unless approved and supervised by fire personnel.
- Station visits are not recommended for baby & toddler ages.
- Proper clothing and footwear are recommended - no flip flops or sandals.
- No food allowed on site
- Organizations will be responsible for their own liability if anyone is injured during their visit.
- Visitors must agree to enter station at their own risk.
- The City of Kingston will not be held liable.