Fire Truck Booking Guidelines
Please review the guidelines before applying to book a KFR Fire Truck visit.
Book a Fire Truck for a Community Event
Guidelines & Application
- Application must be submitted 30 days minimum before the event using the online application form below.
- KFR fire trucks and crew are only able to attend your event as operational procedures and the day's requirements allow.
- KFR crews are on duty and may have to leave to respond to an emergency during your event and may not return.
- The event site must provide a parking space that allows the fire truck to enter and exit quickly for emergency responses.
- Fire crews will generally be available at the event for a one-hour block.
Fire crews will be able to provide the following at your event (while remaining near the fire truck):
- Fire and life safety information/education
- Information on Kingston Fire & Rescue services
- Displays of emergency-response equipment
KFR may be available to attend the following types of events:
- Community events (i.e. special events/ community awareness)
- School events (i.e. fun fairs, career days)
- Life-learning organizations (i.e. Boy Scouts & Girl Guides)
- Childcare/day care centres (minimum requirement 10 children)
- Church events open to the community (i.e. family days)
- Community fundraisers for charity or non-profit events
KFR is not able to attend the following:
- Birthday parties
- Store/business sales/event and/or grand openings etc.
- Private parties
- Political or religious services
- Parades if actively on duty
KFR is not able to provide the following:
- Participation in actual event activities
- Foam for activities
- Water for pools or dunk tanks, etc.
- Rides in fire trucks
- Silent auction gift/bid/prizes
- Traffic/crowd control
Events being held during the following times will be considered:
Weekdays - Tuesday to Friday:
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays: submit a request for consideration