Water Fluoridation in Kingston

Nested Applications

Breadcrumb

Content - RES - CFS - Kingston

Content:

Community water fluoridation in the City of Kingston was initiated in 1966 based on a direct resident vote in 1958 that supported fluoridation.  Three subsequent referendum votes between 1966 and 1978, however, opposed fluoridation.  A small number of homes in Kingston East (formerly Pittsburgh Township) had fluoridation until 2008, owing to the federal policy for the Canadian Force Base in that area. 

Additional Information can be found on the KFL&A Public Health website.