Image - City Hall - Projects - Parking Projects
Content - City Hall - Projects - Parking Projects
The following parking related projects are currently underway:
HonkMobile has been extended to all Municipal Pay & Display parking lot locations and accessible on-street parking spaces across the city. The additional lots available as a payment option through HonkMobile include:
- Frontenac Court House Lot – 5 Court St.
- Waterfront Lot – 1421 King St W.
- Richardson Beach Lot – 1421 King St W.
- Pumphouse Lot – 23 Ontario St.
- Central Library Lot – 130 Johnson St.
- Gorsline Lot – 811 Princess St.
- Anglin Lot (events only) – 1 Bay St.
With the HonkMobile app, residents and visitors can seamlessly search, pay for and top up parking from a phone, tablet or computer. HonkMobile is available in addition to the existing payment options. Pay & Display meters will remain available.
City Park Ring Road
On Friday, Nov. 15, the ring road through City Park will be closed to motor vehicles. Motorists will no longer be able to drive or park on the road. The road will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists. The road has been used and damaged by motorists for several years and this closure will allow the City to improve the condition of the road for active transportation and event uses.
Park visitors who drive to the park will continue to have many parking options in the immediate area, including metered parking both on-street and in nearby parking lots.
Roosevelt Drive pilot parking project
A pilot project to improve the safety of the school pick-up/drop off area along Roosevelt Drive will begin in September 2019 and run until the winter.
This program includes:
Traffic bollards are being installed along the east side of Roosevelt Drive and will remain in place until the winter.
Parking regulation changes
Stopping will not be allowed at any time on the east side of Roosevelt Drive from Henderson Boulevard.
Parking will continue to be permitted on the west side of Roosevelt Drive in front of the school.
This pilot project, in support of the Active Transportation Master Plan, will allow the City to observe the effectiveness of the approach described below before it is implemented in other areas.
Parking rules to change near St. Lawrence College
Starting Aug. 26, watch for weekday time-restricted parking signs in the mapped area on the following streets:
- Old Oak Road
- Country Club Drive
- Collegeview Crescent
No parking will be allowed Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Parking is available on the St. Lawrence College campus.
King and Beverley St.
The City is making changes to parking in the area of Breakwater Park after park usage increased significantly last summer following the park's extensive make over. These changes are being made to introduce additional short-term and accessible parking options for visitors to the area.
- Moving the time restricted parking on the first block of Beverley St. between King St. and Edgehill St. from the west side to the east side of the street.
- Adding two accessible parking spaces on the east side of Beverley St. near King St.
- Converting existing time-restricted parking to metered parking on a section of Collingwood St. just north of King St., and the north side of King St. West between Collingwood St. and Albert St.
Staff will be in the area installing new signs and parking equipment in May 2019.
Rideaucrest Lot Parking Changes
The Rideaucrest Parking Lot has been updated to a Pay & Display lot, with HonkMobile available as a payment option. The short-term visitor parking area located to the front of Rideaucrest has been expanded to 16 spaces. Extended stay parking is available on-site in the main, back and accessible lots.
Proposed hourly Pay & Display rates
The following rates now apply. No change was made to the monthly permit fee.
- Weekdays - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. - $1.50/hr.
- Overnight Monday to Thursday 3 p.m. to 8 a.m - $3 flat rate
- Weekends - Friday 3 p.m. to Monday 8 a.m. - $3 flat rate
- Holidays - no payment required
- Park on the street with a monthly on-street permit.
- Use Kingston Transit via the 801/802 Express Routes. Plan your trip now.
- Family members of Rideaucrest residents can purchase a lot permit.
Family members lot permit
Your permit allows you to park in the Rideaucrest parking lot at any time.
- Price is $47.80 (includes HST) – for family members of Rideaucrest Home residents.
- Visit the Payment Centre at City Hall, 216 Ontario St. to sign up for a family permit.
- No additional lot permits are available for Rideaucrest staff or commuters at this time.