The following parking related projects are currently underway:
Roosevelt Drive pilot parking project
Safety is a priority for the City of Kingston. A pilot project to improve the safety of the school pick-up/drop off area along Roosevelt Drive will begin in September 2019 and run until the winter.
This pilot project, in support of the Active Transportation Master Plan, will allow the City to observe the effectiveness of the approach described below before it is implemented in other areas.
This program includes:
Traffic bollards are being installed along the east side of Roosevelt Drive and will remain in place until the winter.
Parking regulation changes
Stopping will not be allowed at any time on the east side of Roosevelt Drive from Henderson Boulevard.
Parking will continue to be permitted on the west side of Roosevelt Drive in front of the school.
Parking rules to change near St. Lawrence College
Starting Aug. 26, watch for weekday time-restricted parking signs in the mapped area on the following streets:
- Old Oak Road
- Country Club Drive
- Collegeview Crescent
No parking will be allowed Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Parking is available on the St. Lawrence College campus.
King and Beverley St.
The City is making changes to parking in the area of Breakwater Park after park usage increased significantly last summer following the park's extensive make over. These changes are being made to introduce additional short-term and accessible parking options for visitors to the area.
- Moving the time restricted parking on the first block of Beverley St. between King St. and Edgehill St. from the west side to the east side of the street.
- Adding two accessible parking spaces on the east side of Beverley St. near King St.
- Converting existing time-restricted parking to metered parking on a section of Collingwood St. just north of King St., and the north side of King St. West between Collingwood St. and Albert St.
Staff will be in the area installing new signs and parking equipment in May 2019.
Rideaucrest Lot Parking Changes
The City replaced the gate to the Rideaucrest Parking Lot with a Pay & Display parking system on Aug. 6, 2019. The short-term parking area in front of the Home has been expanded to 16 spaces.
Proposed hourly Pay & Display rates
The following rates now apply. No change was made to the monthly permit fee.
- Weekdays - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. - $1.50/hr.
- Overnight Monday to Thursday 3 p.m. to 8 a.m - $3 flat rate
- Weekends - Friday 3 p.m. to Monday 8 a.m. - $3 flat rate
- Holidays - no payment required
Use HONK to pay for parking
HONK will be available in the Rideaucrest Lot when the gate system is removed. Download the HonkMobile app to your smartphone to pay for parking and top up to stay longer.
- Park on the street with a monthly on-street permit.
- Use Kingston Transit via the 801/802 Express Routes. Plan your trip now.
- Family members of Rideaucrest residents can purchase a lot permit.
Family members lot permit
Your permit allows you to park in the Rideaucrest parking lot at any time.
- Price is $47.80 (includes HST) – for family members of Rideaucrest Home residents.
- Speak with Geoff Hunt, supervisor of finance and administration, in the business office for next steps.
- No additional lot permits are available for Rideaucrest staff or commuters at this time.