The following parking related projects are currently underway:
King and Beverley St.
The City is making changes to parking in the area of Breakwater Park after park usage increased significantly last summer following the park's extensive make over. These changes are being made to introduce additional short-term and accessible parking options for visitors to the area.
- Moving the time restricted parking on the first block of Beverley St. between King St. and Edgehill St. from the west side to the east side of the street.
- Adding two accessible parking spaces on the east side of Beverley St. near King St.
- Converting existing time-restricted parking to metered parking on a section of Collingwood St. just north of King St., and the north side of King St. West between Collingwood St. and Albert St.
Staff will be in the area installing new signs and parking equipment in May 2019.
Rideaucrest Lot Parking Changes
The City is replacing the gate to the Rideaucrest Parking Lot with a Pay & Display parking system in July 2019. The short-term parking area in front of the Home is also planned for expansion to 16 spaces. Parking will be allowed in the short-term area for up to three hours.
Proposed hourly Pay & Display rates
The following rates will replace the current $3 per visit parking fee. No changes are planned to the monthly permit fee.
- Weekdays - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. - $1.50/hr.
- Overnight Monday to Thursday 3 p.m. to 8 a.m - $3 flat rate
- Weekends - Friday 3 p.m. to Monday 8 a.m. - $3 flat rate
- Holidays - no payment required
Use HONK to pay for parking
Download the HonkMobile app to your smartphone to pay for parking and top up to stay longer. HONK will be available in the Rideaucrest Lot when the gate system is removed.
- Park on the street with a monthly on-street permit.
- Use Kingston Transit to travel to Rideaucrest via the 801/802 Express Routes. Plan your trip now.
- Family members of Rideaucrest residents can purchase a lot permit for when they visit their loved ones.
Family members lot permit
Your permit allows you to park in the Rideaucrest parking lot at any time.
- Price is $47.80 (includes HST) – for family members of Rideaucrest Home residents.
- Speak with Geoff Hunt, supervisor of finance and administration, in the business office for next steps.
- No additional permits are available for Rideaucrest staff or commuters in the lot at this time.