Other Fare Options
Affordable Transit Pass (ATP)
Kingston Transit supports members of our community who require assistance in getting around our city using public transportation. Individuals in low income households must complete and submit a Municipal Fee Assistance - annual application form – for review and approval.
Kingston Transit provides a Support Person Pass (SPP) to eligible individuals who need to be accompanied by a support person or companion.
Additional information regarding eligibility and how to obtain a Support Person Pass is available by contacting Customer Service at 613-546-0000, Mon. to Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Grade 9 to 12 students attending public, separate, and private schools or receiving a home-based education in the city of Kingston can ride Kingston Transit for FREE for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Current High School Student transit passes can be used until August 31, 2018.
Grade 9 to 12 students attending LDSB, ALCDSB and public and separate French language high schools may obtain their Kingston Transit photo I.D. bus pass at:
- City Hall, 216 Ontario St., or
- Guest Services Desk at the Cataraqui Centre, 945 Gardiners Rd.
Private school and home-based education students must contact the Kingston Transit Office, located at 1181 John Counter Blvd, or call 613-546-4291, ext. 2365. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Each high school student must complete a Transit Card Registration Form and bring the identification indicated to the locations as shown.
As the High School Transit Pass is a photo I.D. card, students must be present at registration to have their pictures taken.
This Kingston Transit student pass is available to Grade 9 to 12 students attending the following high schools:
- Bayridge Secondary School
- École Secondaire Catholique Marie-Rivier
- École Secondaire Publique Mille-Iles
- Ernestown Secondary School
- Frontenac Secondary School
- Holy Cross Catholic Secondary School
- Kingston Collegiate & Vocational Institute
- LaSalle Secondary School
- Leahurst College
- Loyalist Collegiate & Vocational Institute
- Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic High School
The following identification must be presented with the registration form.
* Initial card fee of $3.00 applies. If student has lost card, replacement fee of $3.00 applies.
Ride the bus for $1 cash after events at the Leon's Centre – including Kingston Frontenacs games. This fare is valid on the day of the event and only after the event ends.
Alternate Fare Payment Options
Alternate fare payment options are available to persons with disabilities who may not be able use the payment methods mentioned above by contacting Customer Service, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Telephone: 613-546-0000
- TTY: 613-546-4889
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org