The City offers a variety of programs (both registered and drop-in), facilities, beautiful green spaces and trails to help Kingstonians and visitors of all ages lead healthy, active, engaged and community-connected lives.
Explore the pages above to find a program, park and/or trail, facility, or register for a program/activity that supports you – and your family's – need to stay active and fulfilled.
Join us for FREE active fun in a park near you!
Try one of these neighbourhood park programs:
- Adventure kids – programmed adventures mornings or afternoons
- FamJam – crafts and games for the whole family
- Sunrise & Sunset drop-in fitness – low-impact, 45-minute fitness classes
Kingston is "pro" active.
The City has adopted an Active Living Charter that commits to encouraging citizens to enjoy the benefits of active living and active transportation – using your feet, a bicycle or public transportation to get around.
The Active Living Charter reinforces that:
- The City's recreation and transportation infrastructure, policies, planning and programming are integral to making Kingston a healthy sustainable community.
- Recreational opportunities must be accessible and affordable to all who wish to make use of what the City has to offer to lead full lives. The City's PROkids charity and Municipal Fee Assistance program help ensure that cost is no barrier to participation.