Skip to main content Skip to footer

Changing Your Tax Account Information

Keeping your tax account information up-to-date helps ensure billing and payment accuracy and can help you avoid late payment fees. To update the ownership, name, or mailing address on your property tax bills, you will need to provide specific supporting documentation depending on the situation. 

Changing your mailing address 

If you are the registered property owner, you can request a mailing address change or correction. Submit your request online or in person at City Hall, it cannot be done over the phone. You will need to provide: 

    • The current mailing address 
    • The new mailing address 
    • The roll number(s) impacted by the mailing address change 
    • A copy of photo identification 
    • Articles of Incorporation if the registered owner is a company

Changing ownership or updating your name

Follow the specific requirements outlined below depending on the situation: 

    • If your spouse or another registered owner passed away: A copy of the registered document showing the transfer of title (i.e. survivorship application)
    • For property changes due to divorce or court order: A copy of a registered document showing the transfer of title, as provided from your lawyer
    • If you change your name: A copy of a registered document showing your name change, as provided from your lawyer
    • When you add a new property owner(s): A copy of a registered document showing the transfer of title, as provided from your lawyer
    • For newly purchased property: A copy of a registered Land Transfer Tax Affidavit or other registered title transfer document, as provided from your lawyer
    • For corporate name changes: A copy of an updated Corporate Profile or registered Articles of Amendment

Send your information to Taxation Revenue Services.

Changing payment information 

If you need to change your payment information, be sure to update us as soon as possible to avoid payment errors.  

    • Cancellations or changes to a pre-authorized payment plans must be made in writing 15 days prior to your next scheduled payment. There is a fee of $35.95 to refund overpaid taxes. 
    • If you use the telephone banking system to pay your taxes, please ensure any necessary account update are made in advance to ensure payments are directed to the correct account. If corrections to electronic payments are necessary, there is a fee of $23.90 to transfer the money.

The City of Kingston acknowledges that we are on the traditional homeland of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee and the Huron-Wendat, and thanks these nations for their care and stewardship over this shared land.

Today, the City is committed to working with Indigenous peoples and all residents to pursue a united path of reconciliation.

Learn more about the City's reconciliation initiatives.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy statement.