Garbage & Recycling
The City aims to divert 65 per cent of residential waste from landfill by 2025 by:
- offering residents waste reduction tips,
- convenient recycling and reuse programs (like Giveaway Days) and
- other sustainable alternatives that keep items out of landfill.
Missed collection or other collection issue?
Was your waste missed? First look for a notice tag or sticker from solid waste staff. Still not sure why it was left behind? Call 613-546-0000 or email email@example.com.
Customer service excellence
The City strives to provide high-performance, innovative and responsive waste management services to meet your needs. See the results of our 2016 Waste Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Help make sure your household waste is collected as expected:
- Sign-up for collection reminders or download the "Kingston Waste" app.
- Watch our Household collection videos to see how to put out your waste so it can be safely picked up.
- Don't know where it goes? Use the Waste Sorting Look-up.
Not satisfied with the services you have received? Please contact us.
Managing solid waste services and facilities
The City's solid waste division manages the services and facilities outlined on these pages as indicated and as regulated by Garbage Bylaw, 2014-5. Solid waste division operates out of the administration building at the Kingston Area Recycling Centre at 196 Lappan's Lane.