Garbage Bag Tags
The City collects one untagged bag or container of garbage each week. If you have more than that, you will need to buy bag tags to go on extra garbage bags or containers.
The City will collect any number of garbage bags/containers – as long as they have a bag tag on them.
Medical exemptions: If you need to regularly place an additional bag of garbage at the curb due to medical circumstances, apply to receive medical exemption bag tags using the form.
Where to get bag tags
City of Kingston $2 bag tags can be purchased either:
Online – Tags must be purchased in sheets of four. A shipping and handling charge of $1.50 applies to all orders.
In store - at the retailers listed below. Call ahead to confirm they have tags in stock and can accommodate your payment method.
- Artillery Park, Main Reception Desk, 382 Bagot St., 613-546-4291 ext. 1700
- Barriefield Convenience, 760 Highway 15, 613-549-1895
- Bayridge Grocery, 842 Development Drive, 613-384-3901
- Cataraqui Town Centre, Customer Service Booth, 613-389-7900
- City Hall, 216 Ontario St., 613-546-0000
- Cochrane Convenience, 73 Bay Street, 613-542-2254
- Codes Corner Convenience, 1985 Highway 15, 613-547-8978
- DrugSmart Pharmacy, 284 Earl St. Unit B400 (inside Queen's Centre), 613-507-7775
- Family News Stand, 506 Days Rd. (LaSalle Park Plaza), 613-384-4829
- Glenburnie Convenience, 2408 Perth Rd., 613-544-0972
- Good Morning Mart, 235 Montreal Street, 613-544-5198
- In Bloom, 235 Gore Rd. (Rideau Town Centre)
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd. (Customer Care Centre), 613-546-0000
- John Counter Boulevard Municipal Building, 1211 John Counter Blvd., 613-546-0000
- Kingston Area Recycling Centre (KARC), 196 Lappan's Lane, 613-546-0000
- LaSalle Express (Shell), 841 Highway 15, 613-530-2040
- Lowe's Canada, 1035 Gardiners Road, 613-634-5410
- Meadowbrook Variety, 545 Armstrong Rd., 613-544-9950
- Medical Arts Pharmacy, 800 Princess St.
- New Merry Market, 226 Barrie St, 613-542-1701
- North Star Gas and Variety, 1143 Midland Ave, 613-634-1975 - TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO FIRE.
- Parkway Grocery, 1469 Parkway, 613-0531-6550
- Pop Variety, 525 Brock St., 613-766-8382
- Queen's University, Student Life Centre, 2nd floor
- Quik Chek, 730 Front Rd. (Reddendale Plaza), 613-384-5522
- Rona, 2342 Princess Street (any cashier), 613-531-6225
- Shopper's Drug Mart, 775 Strand Blvd, 613-384-7477
- Shopper's Drug Mart, Kingslake Plaza, 1201 Division St.
- Singh's Convenience, 1120 Sydenham Rd., 613-547-4485
- St. Lawrence College, 100 Portsmouth Ave. (Student Association offices, Orange Wing, 2nd Floor), 613-544-5400 ext. 1502
- Sunny Convenience, 1753 Bath Rd, 613-766-0506
- Sunshine Variety, 263 Weller Ave., 613-549-0253
- Ultramar, 1993 Highway 15, 613-542-7971