Alert - Facilities - COVID 19 DO NOT CHANGE!
Content - Rec - Offleash Dog Park
Leash-free dog parks are fully fenced areas where owners are allowed to have up to two dogs off-leash at a time. Dogs must be under control and owners must "Stoop and Scoop" their dog's waste.
The map for each location provides an overview of the fenced-in off-leash area.
- Centre/South: Memorial Centre (303 York St.) - View park map (Fully accessible)
- East: Grass Creek Park* (2991 Hwy. 2 E.) - View park map
- East: MacLean Trail Park (918 Hwy. 15) - View park map
- West: Rotary Park (1280 Coverdale Dr.) - View park map
- West/North: Meadowbrook Park (444 Kingsdale Ave.) - View park map
* The off-leash park at this location has some gaps in the fencing. Owners should be aware and stay within sight of their dog at all times.
Content - Rec Dog Parks Rules
Dog Park Rules
The intent of the rules and regulations are to provide clear guidelines for off-leash dog areas users. Rules and regulations do not include off-leash areas etiquette which shall be developed in collaboration with the Committee and promoted with the users of off-leash areas. Rules and regulations signage with hours of operations and emergency contact numbers shall be posted at the entrance of each off-leash area:
- Poop n' scoop is mandatory;
- Dogs must be kept on-leash until inside the double gated area;
- Dog owners and handlers are subject to Ontario Dog Owner's Liability Act and the City of Kingston Animal Control Bylaw;
- Park users and dog owners assume all risks related to off-leash dog area usage;
- Owners must have dog tags indicating that their dog has been vaccinated and the dog is currently licensed;
- Dogs must be removed by owner or handler from the off-leash dog area if dogs are in heat (female), sick or aggressive;
- No more than two dogs may be brought into the off-leash dog area by an individual at the same time;
- All children under 12 years of age must be supervised by an adult attendant while inside the off-leash dog area;
- No food (this applies to both the human and canine variety), is permitted in the off-leash dog area;
- Off-leash areas are smoke free areas;
- Choke, spike, chain or pinch collars are not allowed in off-leash area;
- Dogs must be under control;
- Professional dog trainers are not permitted to use the off-leash areas to conduct their business;
- All pit bulls must be muzzled.