Yard Waste Drop Off
Yard Waste Drop Off
Image - Res - Garbage - Facilities - Yard Waste
Content - Res - Garbage - Facilities - Yard Waste
Dropping off yard waste? Drop it off ONLY on your curbside waste collection day.
Yard waste drop-off changes have been put in place to help address demand – and safeguard the health of those who visit and work at the depot. See instructions, below, for the use of the yard-waste depot through July 4.
If you must drop off yard waste, please do so only on your regularly scheduled curbside waste collection day.
Example: If your regular waste collection day is Monday, drop off yard waste at the depot ONLY on Mondays, as well as, on a certain Saturday as listed below.
In addition to your normal collection day, those who live West of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard may access the site on June 6 and 20, and July 4.
In addition to your normal collection day, those who live East of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard and North of the 401 may access the site on May 30, June 15 and 27.
Yard waste is not garbage. It does not go to landfill. In addition to the City's curbside brush and leaf collections in the fall, the City operates a leaf and yard waste drop off at the Kingston Area Recycling Centre (KARC), 196 Lappan's Lane.
Accessing the leaf and yard waste drop-off
- Resident vehicles entering the leaf and yard waste drop off do not need to pass over the scales.*
- Drive straight through the gates at the end of Lappan's Lane.
- Inform the facility operator (when present) what you are bringing in and from where.
- You will be asked to proceed to the appropriate pile to unload your materials. Once you have unloaded your materials, you may leave the facility.
For residents of Kingston, there is no charge to drop off leaf and yard waste.
*Businesses using the leaf and yard waste drop, fees may apply. Businesses will need to visit the scales prior to proceeding to the leaf and yard waste drop off.
- Leaves, branches and other small yard waste
- Tree limbs and root balls up to 40cm (15") in diameter and up to 90cm (3') in length.
- Christmas Trees (no curbside collection)
- Sod if the majority of soil is removed.
- Materials placed in plastic bags, or compostable plastic bags
- Stone, dirt, or other fills
Alternate drop-off location
Norterra Organics, 2069 Joyceville Rd., is a convenient drop-off location for yard waste, and will also accept green bin materials. Contact Norterra Organics at 613-546-0884 for their hours of operation.