The My Kingston (Municipal Fee Assistance Program) offers access to these City programs to help residents who live in lower-income households get around Kingston to lead active and healthy lives:
- Affordable Transit Pass - access to a renewable reduced-cost monthly transit pass. In 2019, the 50 per cent discount is valid for the remainder of the calendar year after approval. Rates for the affordable monthly transit passes in 2019 are: $38.00 for Adults, $28.25 for Youth and Seniors.
- Extended Health Benefits Program - allows working residents who have low incomes and are not supported by Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program to access adult dental care, vision care, glasses or contact lenses and prescription medications.
- Grand OnSTAGE (GO) - offers discounted tickets to My Kingston members. Tickets are $15.00 for any performance except KidStage shows which are $8.00, depending on availability. There is a limit of 8 tickets per household, per season. Other guidelines apply, for complete details visit the Grand Theatre website or call 613-530-2050.
- Responsible Pet Ownership - The City wants to ensure that everyone who has a pet in Kingston is a Responsible Pet Owner. You may be eligible for a $250 voucher to have your pet spayed or neutered.
- SPARK - The Subsidy Program for Affordable Recreation in Kingston (SPARK) reduces the cost of City-run recreation and leisure programs for Kingston residents of all ages. Funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until the annual budget has been spent. Participants can register for programs, memberships or one-time passes and the cost of the program will be electronically deducted from the participant's approved amount. View available programs and membership options in the Recreation & Leisure Guide or on the recreation programs page.
- Transit Employment Program - provides recently hired Kingston residents (part-time or full-time) with a free two month Kingston Transit pass for those who need assistance getting to and from work. For more information on this program please call 613-546-2695 ext. 4906
- PumpHouse Museum - offers a 50% discount to its general admission, season pass and tour program rates. This discount is available at any time throughout the season to My Kingston members.
This funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the annual amount of program funding is spent.
How to Apply
Eligibility for all MFAP components is valid for 12 months from the approved application date on your My Kingston card.
After reviewing the MFAP instructions and filling out the application, bring your completed application and required identification (as outlined on the application) to Housing & Social Services (362 Montreal St) at one of these times:
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Applications are also available at the following locations:
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St
- Housing and Social Services, 362 Montreal St.
- INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd.
- Rideau Heights Community Centre & Library, 85 MacCauley St.
The City uses Statistics Canada after tax Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) for Kingston to determine eligibility. Households with income below this threshold are eligible for:
- 50% Affordable Transit Pass discount
- $300 recreation subsidies per household member
- $250 pet vouchers for spaying/neutering
- Transit Employment program (based on referrals from Employment Ontario offices)
- Discounted Grand OnSTAGE Tickets
LICO thresholds for 2019 MFAP:
- 1 person household - $17,758
- 2 person household - $21,612
- 3 person household - $26,912
- 4 person household - $33,575
- 5 person household - $38,232
- 6 person household - $42,400
- 7+ person household - $46,568