Content - Res - Rec - Parks - City Park
City Park, about a 10-minute walk west of City Hall down King Street, is a large, leafy park with:
- A splash pad in summer and two outdoor rinks in winter (weather-permitting)
- Two playground spaces with climbers and swings; one accessible
- Washrooms - Open daily from 8 a.m. to dusk - Victoria Day to Thanksgiving
- The Walk at City Park – a peaceful walkway and water garden with tributes celebrating the lives of loved ones.
- Picnic tables & BBQ's
- Mature trees (excellent for reading under)
- Grassed open spaces
- A statue of Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada's First Prime Minister (corner of King and West Streets)
City Park is often booked for events, including art shows, theatrical performances and group activities. There is also a Cricket Field to the north of City Park, which has two baseball diamonds.