Road Closures & Delays
September 14, 2018 -
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
- Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating week-night closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps and east and west right-lane closures on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Sept. 21 to 28.
- Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect eastbound right and left-lane closures and the eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. week nights from Sept. 21 to 28.
Construction Road Closures
- Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until late September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
- Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
- The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
Event Road Closures
Livingston Avenue will be closed from Union to King and Davidson Street will be closed from Ellerbeck to Pembroke 1 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15 for the Davidson Street Neighbourhood Street Party.
Expect delays this week on:
- King St. West eastbound between McDonald and Mowat due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston completes asphalt work after completing gas main replacement.
- King St. East from Barrie to West until November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Bath Road at the intersection of Collins Bay Road until late September.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late September while crews install storm sewers.
- Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
- Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.