Road Closures & Delays
November 16, 2018 –
How Would You Like To Hear About City Road Work?
How would you like to be informed about the City's planned road and sidewalk work projects? Complete the five-minute survey online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca by Nov. 30.
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard – expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until mid-November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Division Street set to Reopen
Division Street will reopen between Brock and Colborne streets on Friday, Nov. 16 at 5 p.m. – but closes again on Tuesday, Nov. 20 to allow for the final lift of asphalt to be completed (weather date is Wednesday). Expect delays in this area until the end of the year as crews complete final finishes.
Construction Road Closure
Kingscourt Avenue will be closed from Oak to Seventh on Nov. 20 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.*
Event Road Closures
- Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17 for the Tree-lighting Ceremony.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 3 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17 to 2 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 for the Tim Hick Concert.
- King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d'Armes from 3 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 20 to 1 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 22 for the Paw Patrol.
Expect delays this week on:
- Highway 38 at Unity until late November while crews upgrade the road and add turning lanes.
- Portsmouth Avenue from Old Quarry to John Counter until the end of the year for the installation of storm sewers and upgrade the road surface for the realignment of Portsmouth Avenue.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Indian Road until late November while crews install a watermain.
- Ontario Street from Queen to Princess through Sunday, Nov. 18 as crews reduce lanes to install a new storm sewer.
- Division Street from Colborne to Brock until the end of the year while crews complete final works.
- Westbrook Road south of Princess (Highway 2) to mid-December as Utilities Kingston makes upgrades to the Westbrook Sewage Pumping Station.
- WORK NOW COMPLETE! King St. East from Barrie to West until the end of November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
- Princess Street at Hillendale until the end of November as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
- Princess Street at Alfred until mid-November as Utilities Kingston crews replace a sanitary sewer to increase capacity in this area.
*This information was added after this release was distributed to the media.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.