Road Closures & Delays
February 5, 2016 -
Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation's website at www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Princess Street reconstruction
Bagot Street is now open to northbound traffic between Brock and Princess and motorists may turn right onto Princess from Bagot.
Bagot Street remains closed to through traffic between Queen and Princess. Southbound traffic is unable to proceed through the intersection at Bagot and Princess.
Princess Street is reduced to one lane between Sydenham and Clergy and on-street parking is reduced to one side of the street. Motorists should expect delays while crews complete electrical work.
Princess Street remains closed:
- from Bagot to Montreal until April.
- from Sydenham to Montreal until the end of May.
Businesses on downtown Princess Street remain open and accessible during this project.
See www.CityofKingston.ca/Princess for details and regular updates on the project to rebuild downtown Princess Street.
Kingston Transit riders: please note that a temporary stop for routes 2, 4 and 18 has been set up on the south side of Queen Street at Montreal Street to accommodate bus detours associated with the Princess Street closure. See detour details at www.CityofKingston.ca/residents/transit/service-alerts.
Rogers K-Rock Centre event road closures
King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D'Armes:
- Friday, Feb. 5 from 12:01 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. for the YMCA Conference at the Rogers K-Rock Centre.
- Thursday, Feb. 11 from 12:01 to 11:59 p.m. for the Brantley Gilbert Show
FebFest event road closures
- Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King from Thursday, Feb. 4 to Sunday, Feb. 7 for FebFest.
- Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Market 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 6 and Sunday, Feb. 7.
- Clarence Street will be closed from Ontario to Lake Ontario from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 7 for the Kingston Polar Plunge for Special Olympics.
Road reconstruction projects
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
- Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
- Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
- Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
- Clergy Street between Queen and Princess
Media contact: For more information call the communications department at 613-546-4291, ext. 2300.