Road Closures & Delays
January 18, 2019 –
Did you offer input on how you would like to hear about planned road work projects? See the results of the survey at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca/Road-Work.
See the City's infrastructure program at www.CityofKingston.ca/Construction.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit Riders
Find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
Ministry of Transportation
For bilingual travel information on Ontario highways visit www.Ontario.ca/511, call 5-1-1 or follow @511Ontario (English) or @Ontario511 (French) on Twitter.
- Highway 401 at Highway 38/Gardiners Road – expect lane closures on the 401 until November 2020 and delays of up to 10 minutes nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the westbound 401. The carpool lot in this location was closed on Nov. 28 and a new one is scheduled to open on Nov. 30, 2019.
Expect delays this week on:
- Jackson Mills Road from Bur Brook Road to 400m south (near the K&P Trail) as traffic is reduced to one lane to allow crews install concrete barriers to improve roadside safety.
- John Counter Boulevard from Portsmouth to Princess until mid-February while Hydro One crews relocate the overhead wires in preparation for the next phase of the John Counter improvements.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Sign up for Breaking News at www.CityofKingston.ca/News to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.